Monday, August 4, 2008

Water Bottles

Happy Monday!
I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. I got to hang out with a good friend on Sunday and we were talking water bottles. I don't know about you but I'm ready to make the switch from throwing away and using plastic water bottles and finding a good reusable water bottle.

Here are some environmentaly friendly water bottles I've discovered.
http://www.kleankanteen.com/
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_sg?url=node%3D3395091&field-keywords=sigg
http://www.mysigg.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=4

Good info to know on plastic bottles:
http://trusted.md/blog/vreni_gurd/2007/03/29/plastic_water_bottles
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/04/bpa-in-water.php
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/petbottles.asp

Have a good day!

1 comment:

AnitaB said...

It's amazing how few people drink tap water. I remember when water was first sold in water bottles and find it hard to believe that in a few years that's the only water we drink! Our tap water is actually better than drinking the water from the plastic bottles - but it's going to be hard to break this new habit, even for me. Buying water in water bottles just seems so darn convenient. Eventhough the bottles are recycled, the energy and cost for creating and recreating the bottles is definately more than turning on your tap or getting filtered water from your frig...When you find a product healthier than plastic and less fragile than glass, let me know. I'll buy it and fill it up from my tap.